About Me

My photo
Catton, Northumberland, United Kingdom
I love all kinds of stitching and enjoy learning, experimenting with and sharing new techniques. Married with 3 children, 2 daughters and a son, a dog and four cats, I also get involved with my daughters 3 horses.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Progress


Here are two ATC's I have just completed.  If you would like to know more about ATC's, how these were worked or the North East EG ATC Swap please visit the blog here.

Once promised task finished.  I have spent today tacking a quilt together.  The top has been pieced by another Quilters Guild member who has kindly donated it for the raffle in aid of the Air Ambulance organised for the Pins & Needles Needlecraft Show in March - details here - and I am quilting it. 
I have decided to do it by hand - just the thing for these cold winter evenings but I will have to be organised to make sure it is finished in time.  I am looking forward to the show.  I am teaching some workshops and will have a stand there so if you visit the show do come along and say hello.

I still have to start my sketchbook for the challenge.  The theme for January is 'Highly Prized' which I found hard to get my head round at first but now I suspect I will not have time to draw all the things that could come under that category.  I hope to get started this week but our dog Oscar has to have an operation to remove a tumour tomorrow so all will depend on how much nursing he needs afterwards.  Apparently he will have to wear a collar to stop him licking the wound.  Last time he had one he had it off in 5 minutes..........  We are all worried and hoping that it is benign but I don't suppose we will know for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment